Support for individuals struggling to cope with stress and additional issues
Working with Individuals
Here at Studio 3 we have an experienced team of staff who have a diverse range of skills (including CBT, PBT, psychotherapy and systemic working). We provide individual therapeutic programmes on a case-by-case basis, and tend to work primarily with highly complex situations and people. Much of our work focuses on extreme anger, physical and verbal aggression, self-injurious behaviour and self-harm. In addition, we employ trauma-informed approaches in our work with individuals who suffer with trauma or abuse across the lifespan.
This includes working with adults and young people who:
- Have experienced trauma and difficulties in attachment
- Have a developmental condition, mental health problem or intellectual disability
- Present significant levels of self injury and behaviours of concern
- Have patterns of eating disorder
- Obsessive behaviours
- Have been in trouble with the police
- Have significantly aggressive and violent behaviours
- Have issues with drugs and alcohol
- Have been victims or perpetrators of sexual abuse or present sexually inappropriate and harmful behaviour
Studio 3 will often work with both the individual and carers trusted by them to ensure that therapeutic support is continued outside of therapy sessions. Additional support and training is also provided on a regular basis to these carers to promote consistency and continuity.
We provide therapeutic support by developing a programme which includes long term objectives that are informed by clinical assessment. The frequency of support sessions are dependent on the needs of the young person, and can therefore be long-term or on-going.